Saturday, December 30, 2006

Getting in Touch with My Inner Slug

I feel alternately guilty and free today. I am not erging today. I am still in my pajamas. It is 3PM.

After a month of serious erging to complete the Concept2 holiday challenge, I woke up today and decided to just...not....row.

I completed my 200K last Friday - and added another 6K Saturday morning to make my 2,000,000m - but I need to take a break from organizing my day around that machine. It's good to be in better shape (though I still can't shed these last five baby pounds almost three years later - ARGH!), but it's not good to be obsessed about anything. I don't even particularly LIKE exercise. I just have been exceedingly disciplined about it because I know if I'm not, I'll stop altogether.

It's not like I haven't rowed this week - I have. I even achieved personal best times in 10K, 6K and 30 minute rows. Don't quite know how those happened. Maybe the Christmas cookies were the extra fuel I needed.

I'll row tomorrow. I'll even try for an hour row.

Off to have another cookie. Gee, wonder why I can't drop those last five pounds.

No comments: