Tuesday, August 28, 2007

French Elvis Fan Club

Monday, August 20th

We pull in to a trading post and inn in a fly speck of a town in the northern part of the state. We’ll be staying there that evening as we make our way toward bigger sights. As I park the car, we see a man with rather poufy hair and sideburns. Were it not for the otherwise European aura about him, he could be an Elvis impersonator. My husband and I giggle a little as we collect ourselves and step out of the car.

I stretch and look around. I haven’t been to this part of the state in probably 30 years. As I take a drink from a water bottle, I look over to the tour buses in the parking lot – and almost spit out my water.

On the side of one of the tour buses is the sign, “French Elvis Fan Club.”

I look again. Yes, it really says that.

We go into the trading post to register for the evening and there are more of them – more would be Elvis impersonators. And of course, they are all speaking French.


4 comments:

Kanga Jen said...

LOL!!!!
Who knew?
What a great thing to accidentally run across.

How was your trip?

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Welcome back. Did you get any photos of the French Elvises?

J said...

J - the trip was...interesting. The traveling as a family of five part was good. The visiting with extended family had more than a few challenging moments.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee - sadly, I was not bold enough to photograph the French Elvises. I would have been giggling too hard (but trying to hold it in) to hold the camera still anyway. I swear one guy had chest hair plugs.

Lynne Thompson said...

You can't make this stuff up!
Hysterical...
LT