Saturday, April 18, 2009

Um...Thanks?

Hubby was kind enough to let me sleep in a little this morning. After coming downstairs around 9 and getting some coffee, I was just sitting on the couch, trying to wake up when this exchange occurred.

M: Mom, are you tired?

Me: Yeah, I am still a bit tired.

M: Because you look really tired.

Me: Um...

M: You have dark bags under your eyes.

Me: Huh.

M: (Pulling his own cheeks downward) Yeah, they go down like this, really far. I don't think I can imitate it because my eyes just close when I pull on them like that.

Me: Um...

M: Anyway, you have really dark big bags under your eyes and you look really tired.

Me: Thanks, sweetie.

M: You're welcome. Can I use the computer?

Reason enough for me to go back to bed. I was never a morning person anyway.

2 comments:

Asdis said...

I hope this conversation was followed up with "I love you, mom" :-)

Honesty is something you want in a child, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to press the "skip" button...

Lynne Thompson said...

This would have sent me back to bed too:-)...The other day Katherine's friend was appalled by my bloodshot eye (I was looking towards her, sideways, so it really showed and the pollen was bad and my eyedrops had worn off). She could not answer my question because she went on and on about my eye. Apparently it bothered her.
Kids.