Thursday, July 08, 2010

In Case You Think I've Been Exaggerating

I've mentioned my sister numerous times in many contexts. She is 13 years older than me chonologically, but otherwise...well, have I mentioned the time she bit me? She had just turned 40.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, on Facebook, she fanned some ultra-conservative politician, or maybe Gl*nn B*ck or some other freak. As usual, I said nothing about this. I never do because, well, my sister just isn't worth the effort. However, one of her college friends made some comment about it, basically expressing dismay. My sister responded that she liked to do that specifically to piss me off. I said nothing, but went back a couple hours later and tried to take a screen shot of it because I was rather stunned at the immaturity of a 55 year old, even this one that I know to be so immature - but she'd deleted the exchange.

Today this came up:



Just so you know I'm not exaggerating when I talk about my sister. She lives a pretty sad life if this is what gets her going. It's hard to be a part of it, and I wouldn't be except for my nephews, whom I love dearly. (And whom does the oldest call when he needs emotional support? Hint: Not his mother.)

I'm totally dreading that drip in August. I'm doing it for my Mom and for my kids, I tell myself. And after 10 days, I will get to leave and come home to my own life, 3000 glorious miles away.

3 comments:

Lynne Thompson said...

Well, I knew you weren't exaggerating, honest. But somehow now, knowing how old she is, it makes it even worse!! I mean if she were your younger sister, still in her 30s or something, I would hold out hope that she might grow and mature...(sigh). 55 is pretty late in the game to still be so dedicated to being superficial and icky...:-)

Kanga Jen said...

FWIW, I never suspected you were exaggerating. The biting incident totally convinced me. (sigh)

Mattibff said...

haha, exaggerating, smaggerating. Sisters are all pains, no matter what age, though against all your frustration, it is rather funny. I hope you survive the trip. hmmm...:)