Friday, July 13, 2007

Sweet Sixteen

Today is my sixteenth wedding anniversary.

When I think back to when we were married, I was so, so young. And so was he, really. We’d been together for five years already, so it’s not like getting married was a rash decision or anything, but still, so young. I loved him then, and I love him more now.

We’ve been through so much in these sixteen years of marriage, twenty-one years of being a couple. We’ve been together more than half our lives. There have been times it’s all been fairly smooth – and times it’s been really, really hard.

I’m glad we’ve stuck it out. I’m glad we both take our wedding vows seriously. I’m proud of what we have built as a couple and as a family.

I’m looking forward to a lifetime more.

3 comments:

eba said...

awww. and i've enjoyed hearing about the two of you over the years. you really do make a wonderful couple and terrific parents. congratulations on this very happy milestone.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. That is wonderful!
happy anniversary to both of you.-LT

Ruthie said...

Happy anniversary, J.... 21 years is a very long time. That's a huge investment.. something to be really proud of.