Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just a Little Pet Peeve

Apparently I am finding words again. But not the really good, reflective ones. Yet.

There's something that has bothered me for years. Years and years. Decades, even. It bugged me when Bush the Elder was in office, and they did it with Regan and Ford. It bugged me when Clinton was in office. And it bugged me when Bush the Younger/Idiot was in office. (Oh my gosh, that's the first time I've written that in the past tense. WOOO!!!)

I really hate it people refer to Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and/or now George W. Bush as "President ___________."

People, at any given moment, there is only ONE President of the United States of America. One. Uno. Ein.

One.

"President of the United States of America" is not a title for life. The President has it for his term only.

Carter, Clinton and the Bushes can be referred to as "former President." But not "President." Because none of them are the President.

There is only one President of the United States of America.

And his name is Barack Hussein Obama, II.

(And that just rocks.)

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

That annoys me too, but apparently it is a title you get to keep... forever.

I love that Obama used his middle name. For two months during the campaign, I changed my middle name on Facebook to "Hussein."

J said...

Yeah, but that "forever" is by ignorance.

Love the Facebook action.