Thursday, April 19, 2007

Grapes

The kids are sitting around the kitchen table finishing up the fruit portion of dinner (fruit is required at every meal here). S has had a few bites of apple, but really just wants grapes.

She lines up five grapes in front of her. Exactly five. She had four, but demanded M give her another. Loudly.

She counts the grapes, "One, two, three, four, five."

Then she talks to the grapes. Pointing to each one, she says, "First, I'm going to eat you. Then, I am going to eat you." And on down the line until she has spoken to each grape.

Then she eats one.

S starts all over, "First, I'm gonna eat you. Then, I'm gonna eat you. Then, I'm gonna eat you. Then, I'm gonna eat you."

Then she eats another one.

Repeat until there is one grape left.

S finally says to the last grape, "And now I'm gonna eat you."

She eats the last grape.

Then she looks up and smiles at all of us.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

At least she warned them.

J said...

Gotta remind myself of the cute things because the poop accident she just had definitely was not! She's been doing great, though.