Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pre-Breakfast Omens?

All I did was go down to the basement to water the seedlings we have going. I didn't notice anything on the floor.

But a container of deck prep from the last time we painted the porch has started leaking and there was some fluid on the floor. I stepped in it of course.

I didn't realize it until I noticed the throw rug in the kitchen with some bleached out areas on it that curiously resemble the tread of my slippers.

Then I noticed a little spot on the rug in the family room. My favorite rug in the whole house.

I've ruined two rugs and I haven't even finished my coffee yet.

3 comments:

Kanga Jen said...

Impressive! :-)
Any way to get it out? I'm a pro at getting red wine stains out of a white rug. Surely there's some concoction out there to get deck stain out?

Jen

J said...

Actually, I'm SOL on the rugs. It was deck prep, not stain - what one uses to clean prior to painting or staining. And bleach is one of the ingredients.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! That sucks. Can you move the FR rug so the stain is under the couch or something? We rotated our rug today in our LR and it's like having a new rug...
K