Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Real Life, Home Opener, Something That Makes Me Laugh, and Bunny Breads

With all these "uplifting" bits I am writing, you might get the impression that I dwell on what happened to C in my day-to-day life. I don't. Truly. My real life is far too busy and full to do that. While we do have moments that reflect or refer to that time that he was so sick, there's plenty else to deal with, worry about, manage, enjoy.

This blog has been good for processing what has been bouncing around in the back of my head. I think I am more even in everyday life because of it. At least I hope so. Feelings and memories need and needed to be processed so that they don't take over.

That said, there probably will be more about what happened to him over the next couple of weeks. Then, hopefully, it will taper off.

My life is good. I am well aware of that, and thankful for it.

-------------------

Today is the home opener. C had a bit of a melt-down last night that I finally tracked down to jealousy. Turns out there is a boy in his class who won't be in today because that boy is going to the home opener with his father. This family apparently has season tickets inherited from the boys grandfather. Sigh.

At any rate, the home team enters this home opener 3 and 3. The pitching has been decent overall, but the bats are a little dormant. Sunday night's game in Texas was a bit of a nail-biter in the 8th - until our loved closer came in and got the team out of a jam (two on, one out) with five smokin' pitches. Then he completely shut down the other teams' bats in the bottom of the 9th. Yes, this closer wants to be a starter, but my-oh-my, he's a good closer.

(As of last season this closer would exit the bullpen and walk to the mound to "Wild Thing." I wonder if he'll have the same music this season.)

I'm looking forward to checking the score between meetings.

--------------

If you have a sense of humor about religion, go to this link and watch the clips:

Mr. Deity

If you don't have a sense of humor about religion, don't go there! Really, save yourself the aggravation.

I, however, laugh heartily with each new episode.

-------------

I wrote about spring baking season and bunny breads a couple of weeks ago.This is what bunny breads look like:

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

My mouth is watering!