Monday, June 18, 2007

This and That

Again, plenty happening but no time to sit and reflect - much less come up with coherent and interesting writing. I've taken to keeping a small notepad in my bag to write ideas and notes. And shopping lists.

Some highlights:

  • A coworker turned me on to a farmer's market near the office. Fresh zucchini flowers + fresh goat cheese = yummy dinner of squash blossom fritters and salad.
  • Little league baseball season almost over. Woohoo! It's so fun, but tiring, too. C's team didn't do so well. M's division doesn't keep score, but if they did, his team would be doing quite well.
  • School is out on Wednesday. Grades closed over a week ago, so it's been party, party, party. What a terrific use of time. Not.
  • Just when I thought we had completed potty training successfully...blech.
  • Peonies.
  • I bought those plane tickets. Since then, my sister appears to have stopped speaking to me. Again. I know why - I called her on some of her antics. She'll probably call me in a couple of weeks pretending nothing happened.
  • C and M are excited for the trip, however. I have two months to wrap my head around it and steel myself.
  • Father's Day was good. We did our traditional day of blintzes and fresh berries for breakfast, cleaning up my mother-in-law's grave, visiting a museum, stopping by a winery, then a beach, finally a nice dinner.
  • Geocaching is fun.

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

"I bought those plane tickets. Since then, my sister appears to have stopped speaking to me. Again. I know why - I called her on some of her antics. She'll probably call me in a couple of weeks pretending nothing happened."

Don't you love passive aggression? Fun for the whole family!

I keep a notebook in my purse too. It's full of the most random things-- if anyone were to read it they'd think I'm nuts.

Good luck potty training!

Kanga Jen said...

Congrats on such a successful walk!!! I'm so proud of C for his work on that. What a healthy thing for him to do...

Little league. Huh. I hear you. Talk about a love/hate relationship. My kids love it but MANOHMAN am I happy to have my afternoons back. (Of course they will soon be filled with PTA planning stuff but still.)

Good luck with your trip. Enjoy the chance to take the kids across country. Don that suit of armor. Repel those arrows. Enjoy. :-)