Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Two Stories

Story #1

Many years ago, when my husband and I had just started dating (and I truly mean just - it had been maybe four or five weeks), we decided to take a little road trip down to New Jersey. One of my husband's college friends who had recently graduated - Moose - was living in a house in Morristown with a high school friend and they had decided to have a big party. We'd have some fun, the invitation included sleeping arrangements, and it was early enough in the term that neither of us was too worried about coursework. It was Columbus Day weekend, 1986.

The party was a little crazy. Okay, a lot crazy and a lot of fun. We still talk about it intermittently - orange spray paint, midnight volleyball, motorcycle ruts in the yard... Moose has remained a good friend and we've had continued adventures with him over the years. Now that I think about it, that's a whole blog in itself.

Story #2

When the company for which I was working imploded in December, a couple of companies with similar and/or competing products expressed interest in possibly opening a regional office here if a critical mass of the engineering team was interested. One of these companies, from my hometown, came out to interview people a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with their senior vice president of client services. Nice guy. We spoke fairly comfortably, but no decisions have been made on a regional office.

How are these two stories related?

Moose's high school friend and the guy who interviewed me two weeks ago are the same guy.

This was just figured out in the last couple days when Moose was out visiting the high school friend and saw my CD of work samples in the guy's home office.

Say it with me now....NO WAY!!!!

Yes, it is a small, small world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMIgosh..I love stuff like this.
so cool. Plate of shrimp (like in Repo Man movie). Synchronicity big time. Hope you get it! --LT