Monday, February 25, 2008

How To Extend School Vacation Week?

Get strep!

All three kids tested positive for strep today. Their vacation has been extended to Wednesday.

I've been knocked down since Friday morning myself. It started as straight flu (bad enough), but has evolved. Four out of five members of this family are on antibiotics.

I thought I was doing better yesterday and went for my haircut. David rocks. It was so good to see him again. My hair looks and feels great. Almost six inches off! He's agreed to give S her first haircut in May. Yes, I know I setting a really high bar for this girl, but if I can spare her really bad haircuts like I had growing up, I think it's worth it. I had some really, really bad cuts. Really. Bad.

Unfortunately the effort it took to get to the cut totally set me back. I'm going back to bed now.

3 comments:

Kanga Jen said...

"Four out of five members of this family are on antibiotics."

Oh ugh. I am so sorry. Chicken soup vibes to you. Get better!

(re the haircut: Yay! Doesn't it feel great to pamper yourself occasionally?)

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Hope everyone is better soon.
I too got my hair cut this past weekend - and though it hadn't been a year, it felt like it was long overdue. Congrats on tracking him down.
K

Kanga Jen said...

How are you feeling???

E came down with the flu, so I've been staying home with her all week. Just waiting for the rest of the shoes to drop. :-)

Hang in there,
JRO