Thursday, June 05, 2008

Gak!

I called it, I did. Early in the game on Tuesday I said to a coworker, "Punches will be thrown this series." Of course, then I had explain what I meant by "series." And tell him a little about the long-standing history of altercations between the two teams.

So, tonight. There was the brawl. Then my beloved rolled his wrist on an amazing diving catch. I still can't watch the replay. Then Youk and S's hero have words in the dugout, almost starting another brawl. And Papi already is in a cast. The 103.1 million dollar man is on the DL, as is M's favorite.

But, hey, that rookie just brought up is having a nice night. Two runs in so far and his first major league hit.

Given the inside pitch on this guy just now (who just struck out), I would not be surprised if there are more punches thrown this game. At the very least, when these teams meet again, watch out.

For now, I want to say to the boys on both sides, let's just get through this game. Then everyone go have a few beers and CHILL OUT!

That's an order.

(But, um, boys? Kick their asses next time for me, 'k? The DEVIL! Rays at the top of - or even near the top of - the AL East is WRONG!)

No comments: