Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Because She Has Older Siblings. I Think.

I had an odd call from the mom of one of S's classmates yesterday. Apparently S taught her little friend CH how to "shake his booty." The mother relayed the scene at her house in a voice mail message.

Ms. N: Connor came home from school today and said, "Mom, shake your booty!" I said, "CH, where did you learn that word and about that!" and he said, "S taught me!"

The thing is, I don't know this woman well enough to know whether she was amused or horrified that my daughter had taught her son this. There was just that much ambivalence in her voice.

1 comment:

Lynne Thompson said...

Aren't people weird sometimes? Do they even think about what the f*ck they are doing? Didn't you have a wild instant where you wanted to say to her "WHY are you calling me telling me this? Does this require some action on my part? Have you thought this through or do you want to go off and think about it and call me back?" :-):-) LT