Sunday, February 18, 2007

Signs? And...Vacation!!

Someone did not want me to go to that meeting on Friday afternoon.

In addition to the punch in the self-esteem from my look in the mirror:

  • I could not find my brand new mascara. I buy mascara so infrequently to begin with! I had to attempt to use cakey old mascara - an attempt that was mostly unsuccessful.

  • On my way out the out of the house carrying S, I slipped on the ice and we both fell hard. Ow, ow, ow. S was fine, but I felt some serious pain in my butt. Two days later, I still can't sit in one position and I have a rather psychedelic mark on my backside.

  • In spite of the awesomeness of a rockin' parking spot outside the building (having dropped S with Daddy), I exited my car and realized my skirt was, well, falling off. Apparently the button on the skirt popped off in my fall, and my zipper wasn't behaving. I spent most of my meeting in silent prayer that my skirt would stay in place and the rest actually holding it in place.

I have no idea how the meeting went. Sigh. And won't know for another week, minimum.

In less than eight hours we are leaving on vacation. I think, though, that I have finally learned some vacation planning lessons and so I have time to sit here and write.

In not leaving the second school let out, we kept the work/school week from being too stressed and gave ourselves time pack somewhat leisurely. All the laundry is done, there are clean sheets on all the beds, the kitchen is clean (and the fridge cleaned out!), and we're not panicking. There is a lot to be said for that. We will arrive at our destination ready to get on with the vacationing, not needing to decompress for a day from the preparation!

Also, we will be returning home with a day to unpack and reorganize before we are all back at school and work.

I feel that although this means that our actual time away is a little shorter, we'll be better able to enjoy it. And maybe it will be that much better and restorative...?

One hopes.

No comments: