Sunday, February 25, 2007

Vacation Ends With a Thud

Another February vacation done.

Vacationing with smaller children isn’t so much vacationing as a relaxing endeavor as it is moving your base of operations to a place with less familiarity, less of the “stuff” you rely on to keep things moving smoothly, and more potential for stress.

We had a good time, truly. But I think I am putting a stop to vacations for a while – until S is a little older and M matures a bit.

Forty minutes AFTER we arrived home (six plus hours after leaving Montreal), I walked into the darkened dining room to retrieve a wine glass from the hutch. I opened one of the lower cabinet doors…and the pizza stone (that I could not see) that was leaning against the cabinet fell on my foot. Ow.

My foot is not broken, but I have a pretty good contusion and will be on crutches for several days until I can put weight on it and flex it again.

Still no word on that meeting.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

"Vacationing with smaller children isn’t so much vacationing as a relaxing endeavor as it is moving your base of operations to a place with less familiarity, less of the “stuff” you rely on to keep things moving smoothly, and more potential for stress."

Succinctly put.