Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yes, My Husband Does Watch "Project Runway" With Me. Why Do You Ask?

Over the course of our relationship, my husband and I often have made light of our vastly different body thermostats. I get cold very easily and he is just the opposite. I would happily crawl into bed at night almost fully clothed - down to fuzzy socks - if he did not protest; the only time I have seen him in more than boxers at bedtime was a Christmas spent at my father’s house in the early 90s.

Early last month a box arrived addressed to him from the Malden Mills store. Malden Mills is the manufacturer of the original Polartec fleece. I questioned him, but didn’t get much of an answer. Then promptly forgot about it.

Last week he asked me to show him how to use my sewing machine. Though curious, I have learned over twenty plus years not to ask too many questions during certain times of the year. I showed him a few basics, then gave him some space.

On Valentine’s Day this year I had my answer, and I have just two words for you:

Polarfleece lingerie.

Seriously.

I am now the proud owner of a spaghetti-strapped chemise in champagne-colored Polartec 300 series curly, high-loft fleece.

And it fits.

2 comments:

Kanga Jen said...

Oh my. He *made* it??
What an AWESOME husband!!!!
:-) :-) :-)

Jen

Ruthie said...

That is the cutest, sweetest thing I've heard all day.

What a nice guy.