Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Spring!

The last week has been extremely busy, and full of change.

Last Thursday was my last day at a company I had been with almost 2 ½ years.

They made it really easy to say good-bye. From the moment I actually gave notice, every action on the part of the corporate entity confirmed that my decision was spot-on. On my last day, I had to get in touch with other former employees to ask what I needed to do to get out of that place cleanly – because no one in the company said a word to me about any exit procedure.

I would love to tell stories, and oh, I have stories! But not yet. First I need to shake out the experience, get on the other side of it, give it a little perspective.

And settle into my new gig.

Remember that “meeting” I talked about last month? It was a job interview. In spite of the bruised and painful hip and the lost button on the skirt, everything worked out.

(Insert large grin here)

I’ve had two days at the new place, and so far, so good. I’m still intimidated and overwhelmed with everything I need to learn, and the impostor police are running around my head, but I think it’s a good change.

People are happy to be there. They are excited about the product. They are smart and friendly. They work hard.

I am sure that over the next few weeks, I will have to check my reactions to things at the new place. At the old place, things were becoming very strange and dysfunctional, and everyone was playing CYA. Ick. I am looking forward to not having to deal with that kind of atmosphere!

I'm also looking forward to learning new things and challenges and new people.

(Insert another large grin)

So….Happy Spring!!!

1 comment:

Kanga Jen said...

Yay!!!

Congratulations on the new job! You'll have to write me privately and tell me where it is. ;-)

New starts are so much fun. Especially when you're happy to be leaving old clutter behind.

Good for you for taking action.

Jen