Monday, May 28, 2007

The Azalea at the End of the Driveway

It's in full bloom right now - a day or so past peak. It dropped some petals in this afternoon's downpour. (Click to enlarge, if desired.)



The phlox has come in nicely this year. I'm really pleased. I think next spring the effect I was going for will be fully evident.



Some dicentra in the back bed came in. Not as tall as I expected, but still. I remain on the lookout for a variety of dicentra called "Dutchman's Breeches." Anyone seen it?



I put some violas in pots at the front and back doors.



There's some lily of the valley around, too.



And, of course, lots of this.

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

Your flowers are beautiful!

J said...

Thank you!

I didn't know I liked gardening until we moved here and I sort of dove in.

And, Ruthie? Keep some hope around your beau. Really.

Ruthie said...

There is no hope. I'm coming to terms with it.

I'll meet someone else someday. Hopefully I can at least retain some sort of friendship with this guy.

J said...

There has to be hope. Hope is one of those intangibles that keeps us going.

What if I had lost hope when C was sick?

You are too young to lose hope. Don't.

I'm not saying anything is going to be easy, but just don't lose hope.

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous!!!
K