Monday, May 14, 2007

Eight Random Things

Having been tagged by Ruthie, here are eight random things about me:

  • I love Twinkies.
  • My first concert was the Go-go's, circa 1982. Misused apostrophe and all.
  • If Bacon numbers applied to everyday life, not just the acting world, I'd have a Bacon number of two.
  • I'm terrible at languages. My French professor in college told me I had a beautiful accent; I just had no idea what I was saying.
  • I once met Prince Charles (1985).
  • I have a difficult time wearing contact lenses because my tears have a lot of proteins in them that dirty up lenses quickly and make them uncomfortable.
  • I have a great affinity for fabric prints - Marimekko, Liberty, Pucci, etc. I wonder if I should have become a textile designer.
  • As much as I love baseball, I didn't go to my first major league baseball game until I was 35 (minor league at 30).

So now I tag....blaugustine, Lynne, and...anyone else reading this!!

4 comments:

Ruthie said...

These are awesome random things...

When did you meet Prince Charles?

I love Marimekko too.

J said...

It was 1985...my dad was participating in an advanced degree program for judges at Oxford and I tagged along. There were a bunch of kids around and one of the moms took a bunch of us to Windsor one afternoon (keep us out of trouble, I think). There was a polo match - and Prince Charles was there.

After the match, a huge number of people crowded around him - us American kids and Brits, too. I shook his hand. He asked if I'd ever been to London before, and he suggested I probably knew it better than he did. Then I stepped on the foot of one of his security detail and was not to gently pushed aside. And that was it. I did manage a photo - should look for that.

A woman I know here once translated Portuguese to English for Princess Diana. This acquaintance was in the Navy at the time and stationed at Walter Reed.

Now, Ruthie, don't you have something to tell? How was last night? :-)

Ruthie said...

You should find that picture. I'd be interested to see it.

Last night was amazing. I just wish he wasn't leaving.

J said...

Oh, Ruthie, I'm so happy for you!

On step at a time. It will work itself out.