Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Lunchtime Stroll

I decided to bring my camera with me to the office today. I thought a lunchtime stroll would be nice since it’s so beautiful out. That there was a celebration passing about a mile and a half from the office played no part in that decision. None.

I started off just before 12:30 and walked over the bridge, taking pictures on the way.







As I neared the plaza, crowds thickened, to say the least, The place was mobbed.



After figuring out where the duck boats were, I realized that due to the time I wouldn’t be able to stay to really see anything, so I tried to retreat - but was thwarted by the crowds. Very slowly I made my way back through. Eventually, I was crossing back over the river, taking more photos on the way. I resigned myself to the fact that I’d miss seeing some of our October heroes. I was well off the official route.




Almost back to the office, I noticed a fair number of state troopers in one location. Hmmm.
I finally asked one, and yup, the procession was due to pass by. I stayed put, camera at the ready. And since the procession would pass under my office windows, I tried to call coworkers.

And then they were rolling down the road toward me.




Oh, look – there’s Wonderboy and Schill.



And the rookies that need some love from the front office? Here’s one of them now.



I was sad to not to see the other rookie. I have to admit, I'm developing quite a thing for that young 'un. He's just adorable. Did you see that little boy smile on his face when he ran in from the outfield on Sunday night? And there's this. Isn't that just the sweetest thing? Basegirl and her friends are right. You can can just imagine him approaching all the hot shot veterans on the plane and very politely asking each of them for their John Hancocks. To think he started the season in AA! I might be on my way to my first player shirt.

Hey, there’s our game four winner (on the left)!



More of the bullpen, too.





C and M are going to be so jealous.

1 comment:

Kanga Jen said...

Love the pictures!!!

I love the ones where the players are hanging out with their kids. :-) How fun for everyone all around.

So cool that you happened across a great place to see them :-)

We're more than a little jealous down here...