Monday, October 22, 2007

Stick Your Bum Out a Little More, Kevin

You look darn silly when you settle into the batter's box with that stance, but as long as you keep your post-season batting average soaring, we won't laugh. As much.

Man, I am wiped. We didn't get home until 1AM after Saturday night's game, and it took a while to wind down from the caffeine I'd needed for the drive (since we live way out in the 'burbs). Then I had to get up early to teach church school (and one of C's friend's was dropped off a our house early so I could take him to church and choir with us because both parents had to be at other kid events in different parts of town). Add a full day, including soccer, cleaning, and grocery shopping, and by 8:30PM I was at the end of my functional day. Of course, S decided to resist bedtime.

As much as going straight to bed would have been the smart thing to do, I just couldn't turn out the light until there was a resolution to the ALCS. As I was writing last night, the boys had yet to let loose in the 7th and 8th innings, and it was still a nailbiter game.

But they came through. Another crazy late October in our part of the world.

And then I was so overtired that I had a difficult time falling asleep. Figures.

M's birthday is Friday and his party is Saturday. I think we'll come up with an iron-on in support of the team and send the kids home with that as a party favor. I did this in 2004 with an iron on that read "Believe." Any suggestions for what it should be this year?

No comments: