Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sometimes You Have to Laugh

It's been at least a decade since my mother called me on my birthday. More like fifteen years. She sends cards, but that's it. If I dared miss calling her for her birthday, however...well, let's just say I don't risk that. Anymore.

So imagine my surprise this evening when my mother called to wish me a happy birthday. I was shocked, even, and not just because it's been so long since she's called for my birthday.

She also got the day wrong.

3 comments:

eba said...

oh my! my father once called me on my sister's birthday to wish me a happy birthday. it stings a little but it is fairly funny. then again, my father once forgot my name when he was trying to introduce me to a friend.

in any case, i hope you do have / are having a very nice birthday and that many people think of you, preferably on your schedule, but even on their own schedules -grin-.

J said...

Thanks.

I figure that she even attempted to wish me a happy birthday verbally is a big step - that she got the wrong day...well, she was close at least.

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!!
Hope that you had a great day :)
K