Saturday, January 26, 2008

M*&@$%-F*&#$^& Virtual Waiting Room

Since we arrived home from the twins' birthday party about 1:30PM, I have been sitting online in the virtual waiting room in a possibly vain attempt to get tickets. We have over two dozen browser windows open on two computers. Games are sold out already, and some have only limited availability or obstructed view left. Ugh.

Last year, I was online right at 10AM, and waited for about an hour and a half with eight browser windows open to get seats to our third choice game. But we did get tickets.

The year before, I had a horrible flu, felt completely miserable, and forgot it was ticket purchase day until about noon. Once I remembered, I waited about two hours with just one browser window open - but managed tickets to two games that year (we only needed four tickets per game then - and the per person limit in these sales is eight).

Of course, the ticket scalpers online brokers already have plenty of stock for the games we are looking at. At four times the face value.

I've told the boys we are giving up at 5:00PM. This is ridiculous. There is almost no hope for the average fan.

2 comments:

Kanga Jen said...

YAY!!!! We did it!!!!

DH told me the good news when I got back a little bit ago. So we're all off to see our boys at the end of July. Can't wait! I am thrilled that we ended up with enough for all our families. How much fun is that going to be???

Of course I'm seething that I got through on the phone at ELEVEN am and it told me I could only get single seats together, no matter what the section. I wonder what glitch made that happen. Probably the same one that spit you back out into the virtual waiting room. While I am LOADS of sympathy for you, I was able to laugh because I know that we did all end up with tickets. :-)

See you in July!

Kanga Jen said...

Eh. I wrote that after a glass of celebratory wine. When I was talking about the phone fiasco, I should have said "I could only get single seats NOT together."
I also should have said I HAVE loads of sympathy for you, rather than I AM loads of sympathy.
You know what I mean. I'm a little excited. ;-)

I've been listening to Jimmy Buffet at Fenway and the CD you made for us after the world series... Can't wait to see you!!!!!