Friday, January 11, 2008

My Husband Rocks

In spite of an amusing possible lead yesterday, last night I was feeling quite discouraged about this job search thing. I received an email from the company with which I had the phone screen on Monday that they had convinced themselves they really needed a full-time person, thanks and good luck.

Sigh.

I worked other connections and was online most of the day searching, emailing, considering options.

After dinner and the usual kid bedtime stuff - Thursdays tend to be hard because everyone is ready for the week to be over already - I was feeling like I wanted a foufy alcoholic beverage. Something similar to what one might see in that notorious HBO series, but different. I wanted a lemon drop.

Late in the evening, I asked my husband if he would please make us a couple and come upstairs to veg out with me in front the The Daily Show. Then I headed up and started working in a Sudoku book.

I heard lots of activity in the kitchen and wondered what the heck was going on. These drinks are not hard to make - the mixer is in the fridge - but I didn't have the energy to go downstairs and ask, either. So I waited.

A few minutes later, he arrived with our cocktails. It turns out we were out of mix, and he had made them from scratch. He'd made the simple syrup, squeezed fresh lemon, etc. The drinks had an excellent pucker and lots of pulp. Yum.

And my husband? He's a keeper.

Definitely.

No comments: