Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No!

A dear friend emailed me yesterday that she is planning a last-minute brunch on Saturday morning for her twins' second birthday (the actual day is today). Could we make it?

Hmm...Saturday....there's something about Saturday, I thought. I sat on the email for a bit, couldn't think of anything special about Saturday, checked with my husband, then emailed back and said, yes, definitely. What time?

10:30AM, she wrote back.

Okay, then, we'll leave here about 9:30AM, then, as they live a bit of a drive away. Settled. Looking forward to it.

Then this morning, it hit me.

Tickets go on sale at 10AM on Saturday morning.

The last couple of years this has meant sitting online for hours with multiple browser windows open before making it through the virtual waiting room. I am sure this year will be no different, especially with the win in October.

Basically, we have little hope of getting tickets unless we sit at a computer on Saturday morning.

I just want to bang my head against the wall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of you has to stay home and do it. That's all there is to it! He or she will have to get "sick".
You will thank yourself!!!!!!!!!!!
K

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Yes, one of you is going to develop a sudden onset of Red Sox fever, I predict. By the way, a few posts back you wrote about the ventilator. What a great idea! I'm going to see if I can find one over here.

J said...

Wakeup - you inadvertently made my heart jump! Ah, the differences in usage between the UK and USA. It took me a few seconds to realize you were talking about the wine gadget. To me a ventilator is a nasty piece of medical equipment with which I have had more than enough experience... But yes, get one of these wine gadgets, whatever you call them. :-)