Our kitty died this evening.
Today was very hard. I felt like he really started to suffer today and it was hard to figure out how to help him. I spent a good amount of time just holding him, and I made sure the kids did the same. Finally this evening, when my husband and I arrived home, we spent a few minutes with Seymour together, then looked at each other and knew it was time to end the pain. The vet's office was kind, and my favorite of the two vets was there to help us.
M is taking it really hard. The two of them had a special little bond. M couldn't eat dinner tonight, and his sweet eyes are so swollen. We're letting M fall asleep in our bed tonight. But before lights out we made a list of M's favorite things about Seymour:
- He was ours and we loved him
- He purred a lot
- He licked everyone like a puppy
- He ate his food and drank his water with his paw
- He would try to swat at the dog from behind the gate
- He tried to sneak out of the house a lot in the summer
- He'd sometimes relax in the bathtub
- He had green-gold eyes
- He'd sometimes drink water from the fish bowl
- He absolutely demanded scratches
- His favorite places were Mom and Dad's bed and Mom and Dad's closet.