Monday, April 28, 2008

Last Push

April break for the kids is over. Today we begin the last push of the school year.

It's also the beginning of little league baseball season, fundraising season, and totally antsy for the beach season.

At baseball practice the other night, one of the coaches (who was C's coach two years ago), noted that C is "significantly improved" over that time. "More coordinated" was one of the terms he used. He asked if C had been practicing. "Not really," I said. Despite intentions to do so, there never seems to be the time, I thought to myself. A little while later, I wondered: five years later, could we still be dealing with recovery issues from his illness? Some bit that is finally, naturally coming back together? I'll have to think on that.

My broken toe is still sore and swollen. I haven't had it looked at or anything, knowing the advice will be, "Stay off of it!" With my life?Unrealistic. I realized that of the injuries and health issues I've had in the last few years, they've mostly been in April. I read somewhere, sometime, about the tendency for injury when one is otherwise stressed. April is a challenging time of year for me. I'm glad it's almost over.

Life continues apace, and lately it feels like we're hanging on for the ride...

No comments: