Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Evening Ramblings

WARNING! This post is completely, totally fluffy.

Part One

I need a new bag.

Perhaps "need" is to strong a word. "Really want" is more appropriate. I'm just bored with the bag I have.

I currently am using a medium zip tote from www.seatbeltbags.com. The color is a limited edition acquired last spring. I think it was called "Seashell" or some such. It's silver and pale gold webbing.

I like the bag well enough, and would consider something like the messenger bag, but for color options. I like to go beyond the basic colors. I don't know about the prints being offered in the seatbelt bags right now. I kinda like one of the new limited edition colors (Cherries Jubilee), but not enough to jump on it tonight like I would need to, and it's a little pricey for the actual size of the bag. Maybe I just need to go in a different direction for a bit. I could use something slightly roomier, too.

I've done the Vera Bradley route. Not looking to go back, but not ruling it out either. About five years ago Vera Bradley had a great silk plaid special edition bag that I loved. But it did not wear well. Generally speaking, Vera Bradley is so overdone in these parts. I'm not a Stepford Wife.

Kate Spade bags are pretty common here, too. Her bags have become cliche, I think.

I used to like Coach bags and would use bags for years at a time. I don't like the new Coach stuff. Too trendy. I did like their poppies bags about a year ago, but the cost was rather out of reach, and I wasn't the only one who took notice. They were a limited edition and were snapped up quickly.

I think this bag by Pia Wallen is just stunning. But can't justify it in leather (2650 Swedish Kroners = $378) and wool felt isn't what I am looking for for spring.

I had a bag by Brooke Lovett a while back - pink houndstooth "Tuesday." I like the size of the "Monday" bag, perhaps in brown velvet with pink lining. But not exactly spring-like, either.

I've used one of these Harken bags made out of sailcloth. Fine, functional, but not quite it, if you know what I mean.

I have a wallet that has been in use for almost five years. It's turquoise leather on the outside and lavender suede inside. It's made by Designers Guild. I'd love to find a bag with this level of style. I'd probably stick with it for quite a while. Of course such a bag probably has a certain level of price, too.

Even though I knit and could whip up something quickly, I'm not into the felted bag scene. Not quite refined enough.

If money were no object I'd probably pick out something from Hester van Eeghen's line. For now, however, those bags will have to remain a daydream.

I don't like the current trendy look with all the buckles and outer pockets and all that. Too fussy.

Suggestions, anyone?

Part Two

I've been renting a lot from Netflix. Love, love, love "Weeds." Mary-Louise Parker rocks.

I also enjoyed the first season of "Big Love." I might even have to get HBO before season two begins in April.

In watching all these movies and series, I have noticed that the song "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys is quite popular on soundtracks. The original version, covers...

Told ya. Fluffy.

No comments: