Monday, January 22, 2007

January Blahs

UPDATE: Apparently, I am not alone.

Don't know what it is, but I can't seem to shake the blahs for the last week or so. Among other things, I'm getting pissy really easily.

Speaking of being pissy, a note to the woman in the new Range Rover in the grocery store parking lot: If you have to make a 5-point turn to get out of your parking space, you clearly don't know how to drive the damn vehicle and so clearly SHOULD NOT BE!!

My exercise has sucked lately. Sucked. Distances I was able to row two weeks ago feel hard and exhausting. I have no idea why. I am eating healthier now so in theory it should be better. But it's not. Maybe I need to go back to Christmas cookies.

It's finally cold out. This is both good and bad.

I can't seem to get on top of the house. For several months there we were doing well with keeping things tidy, if not clean. But since mid-December or so, it's like a permanent disaster zone.

Received an email yesterday from a local friend. It was a bill of sorts. On New Years this friend invited our family to meet them and other friends of theirs at a local Chinese restaurant. We said we'd stop by for a few minutes as we had other plans. We did just that. We were there for 30 minutes, maybe. Ate exactly one scallion pancake, two crab rangoon and three chicken wings. Paid for our own drinks. Our bill for our "share" of the food is $30. Excuse me? I expected to contribute, and was told don't worry about it on that evening, but then THIRTY DOLLARS? For one scallion pancake, two crab rangoon and three chicken wings. The others were there for several hours. Ugh. I hate this. But I should have known. This happened a couple of times before, but years ago. We'll probably just give it to her to make nice, but avoid any such situation in the future.

Had to put a new set of tires on my car on Friday. Ouch.

Don't get me started on work.

If anyone sees my motivation anywhere, could you please return it?

Bleh.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

She should know better than to divide the bill that way. That's not appropriate in the slightest.

I'd be offended too.