Thursday, September 25, 2008

Another Partisan Comment

So I was reading comments over at Dooce. One of her commenters relayed a comment by a coworker. It was that having Sarah Palin as the VP, and possibly eventually the P, was like having your big sister run the country and wouldn't that be cool.

Given what my big sister is like, it's even more horrifying a thought.

Let's see, if my big sister were running the country we'd have a self-absorbed anorexic adulterer who excuses her every action by claiming it's "God's will" in charge of things. And when she wouldn't get her way, she'd bite people.

No. Thanks, but no.

I don't want a chief executive, or a backup chief executive who is just like me. I want some one smarter than me, harder working than me, more selfless than me, more informed and well-traveled than me, with a more even temperament than me. I don't feel the need to "like" the executives in a "let's be pals" sense. The stakes are much too big for that to matter.

2 comments:

Kanga Jen said...

It would be fun to have your BIG SISTER run the country???? WTF?

I don't have a big sister but I imagine it'd be nice to have her run the prom or your birthday party.

Maybe the poster was being tongue in cheek.

Never mind. I don't want to know.

(gag)

J said...

The commenter was saying that someone else said that to them (the commenter). The commenter was equally horrified.