Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Day...

...another attempted theft of the yard signs.

Sheesh.

Way back in 1992 we were in upstate New York with some friends a week of so before Halloween. We picked some pumpkins from my friend's mom's farm (there were growing on the manure pile from the seeds of the previous year's Jack O'lanterns that had been tossed there) and carved what we considered at the time to be the scariest possible faces: Ross Perot and George HW Bush.

This year, C thinks the scariest possible pumpkin faces would be Sarah Palin and John McCain. It would be pretty funny, and patterns are available online, but we've decided not to let him do it. We are not going to bow to the negativity in any way. We are not going to go to the level of the people who steal yard signs and rant about"forged" birth certificates. We aren't going to get petty.

(I'll get a little petty here, but I'm careful not to talk to the kids in that way.)

I bet this set of signs will be gone by tomorrow morning. We'll put out three more. And so on, and so on.

2 comments:

Kanga Jen said...

At this point, I have NO PROBLEM with petty.

I kept checking your blog because I KNEW they would try again. Did they take the letter?

Can you set up a shock-collar type thing to the signs?

Too bad you've got nice landscaping. You should create a muddy bog and put them in the middle of that.

I am boiling...

Lynne Thompson said...

Yikes these people are ridiculous. When you hear about things like this, you start leaning towards believing that people are stupid and cowardly:-( LT