Saturday, November 22, 2008

Faster Than a Weed, Actually

About a year ago, C needed new jeans. Since he won't go shopping with me anymore (I'm too much of an embarrassment to him), I checked the old size (10) and bought one size up (12).

At first, he complained they were too long. But he wore them anyway and soon enough they were just right on him.

At the beginning of this school year, he tried on those jeans, and they were much too short. I bought him some size 14 jeans. He tried them on and they were fine. I thought we were mostly set for the year.

A few days ago, C bent down to reach something and I realized that his jeans were pretty much around his butt, showing off a few inches of boxers. I asked him to pull them up. He complained that he couldn't, because when he did the pant legs were too short. He demonstrated.

Oh. My. God.

Suffice it so say that I just went out and bought my 12 1/2 year old son size 16 boys jeans.

1 comment:

Kanga Jen said...

I KNOW!!!!!!!!

I always thought that changes during the toddler years were the most jaw-dropping. I don't think that anymore. I had no idea middle school aged boys could change before your eyes, literally.

(Recent dr's appointment, Q measured 1/4 inch TALLER than me. Damn. There is goes.)

C is such a good-looking, tall, lean boy.

(PS - Better buy some 18s for next month.)