Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Kids Respond

C was up with us until the race was called. He was excited in a quiet sort of way. I'm sure he feels vindicated after the comments he received at school.

M, when I told him this morning, was over the moon. Truly. He made himself a sandwich of cream cheese, strawberry jam and blueberry preserves for lunch. Red, white and blue...get it? We also had a brief discussion about gracious winning and a reminder about respect for others' beliefs.

S just grinned when I told her. It occurred to me that she will not remember the Bush years. Her first political memories will be of Obama and a new era of hope (hopefully). Lucky S!

My very conservative small town went for Obama by 350 votes. Wow.

3 comments:

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

That's so incredible. I still get choked up reading about this wonderful victory.

softinthehead said...

Great news all round - well done to your town - all the signs wars obviously paid off! :)

Lynne Thompson said...

How wonderful! I love the sandwich.
And I love that that one small-minded sign stealer did NOT represent your town:-). Yay Hope!
LT