Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The stuff at church has come to a head. And not a pretty one at that.

Today I've been told (in separate communications) to find someplace else, about affairs within the parish, a myriad of tidbits on how people have been treated, and others have gloated at very nasty communications to me.

I can be logical. People in positions of power are very threatened when the laity speak up. I spoke up.

It still hurts, though. And I'm a touch bitter. Just a touch.

I think it's time to take a break from organized religion and from hierarchy/patriarchy.

Yesterday, I heard about a comment another disillusioned person in our community made. It keeps popping into my head.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Jesus has left the building."

4 comments:

eba said...

J - you're so right. There are lots of reasons people go to church, but one of them is to go deeper on a spiritual level. In this particular situation, it sounds like that's the last thing on peoples' minds. I hope you find an alternative path to the place that you want to go and I hope when you get there, there's a stronger and warmer community waiting for you.

Kanga Jen said...

I'm so sorry. :-(
A break for now sounds good. Maybe things will return to sanity at some point in the future...

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

What is it about churches that brings out the petty side in people? It happens in our church too and in every church I've ever attended.
I've been catching up on your posts. The one about your dad and his bolo ties really touched me. I learned a long time ago that I'll never get any mementoes when my dad dies. But I have my memories, and my stepmother can never take those away.
As for Jessica, the neighbor from hell, well, I'd be tempted to do more than flip her off.
Take care of yourself. You seem a bit down.

Lynne Thompson said...

Hugs, BTDTBTTS and dropped out for a while. I hope you find your answer. I think Jesus is in the forest your son wrote about:-)LT